Saturday, January 15, 2011

new year updates

My goodness, what a long time it's been! Happy New Year!
The end of the year is such a busy time, I barely have time to think, let alone post anything. Here's a quick pictorial review of some things I've seen and done since I was last here...

The amazing Christina Adamson put on another wildly successful show at Petty Cash Cafe, these are a few of my favourite things, each artist getting 3 small square canvases to decorate as they chose.


my canvases, L to R, Atomic, Outrigger, Organic.
925 silver, stainless steel, acrylic paint on canvas

Then came Christmas and New Year's, spent mostly lying in a hammock overlooking lush bushland, with my superb family and a refreshing drink.


After a quick stop home to unpack and repack our suitcases, my lovely mixologist and I headed south, mobile bar in tow. We stopped at various towns and old wares stores along the way, until we got to the Robin Boyd designed motel, the Black Dolphin, in Merimbula. We then headed inland, reaching Canberra at the same time as summernats (worst timing ever), and then back to Sydney.

These are some of the things we saw:

wollongong antiques centre: if I had roof racks that dining set would be mine.

mmm, pavlova...

treasures of the deep, shell museum, 142 Beach Rd, Bateman's Bay
I was overjoyed to find it hasn't changed in 20 years.

The sun rising on the way to the beach, Merimbula

This would be my dream house, if only it wasn't in Cooma...


A wall of death, Mittagong Antiques

Two weeks break went by in a flash, quite like 2010, and I'm now back at work.
2011 is shaping up as a pretty interesting year, but in the meantime, if you missed the National Contemporary Jewellery Award in Griffith, it'll be showing at Sturt Gallery, from the 6th of February to the 13th of March. The gallery is on the corner of Range Road and Waverley Parade, Mittagong, open seven days, 10am-5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment