Sunday, August 8, 2010

more floral troubles



It seems 2010 is my year of cutting out flowers, except this time from polypropylene, instead of aluminium. I'm working on pieces for Girls Around the World, the tenmoregirls exhibition opening on the 9th September, at Gaffa Gallery in the Sydney CBD (more information about that very soon).


I'm not making jewellery this time, but with any luck, wall mounted, steel pieces. It's quite a step out of my comfort zone, so much bigger than what I usually make. A big thank you, once again, to the amazing Madeleine, for the donation of the pink polypropylene.


It's been a while since I posted last, and yet I've so little to say. I'll simply leave you with this as a treat. Great building, I do so love a decorative wall, and even the cross is stylish. It's a church I found in St Mary's on my way to pick up work from the laser cutter. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment